A delicious chocolate cake recipe. If you love chocolate, you must try this recipe. Read careful the instructions and this fudge cake will be fantastic.
Fudge Cake Recipe
For the Cake
- 700 ml sugar
- 400 ml flour
- 230 ml milk
- 400 ml baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 230 ml boiling water
- 120 ml vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 30 ml cocoa
- 200 g dark chocolate
- 30 ml boiling water
- 15 ml sugar or powdered sugar
- 150 ml whipping cream
- Mix the dry ingredients well in a large bowl. For better texture, sift them together.
- Add the eggs, milk, vanilla and vegetable oil and mix well. Then add the water. Mix it until it has a lot of little bubbles. This batter will be very thin.
- Pour into two greased 9 inch round baking pans
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350 °F (175 °C) for thirty minutes. (About 20 minutes for a convection oven)
- A hot fudge sauce to go over top of the cake is a nice extra touch.
- warning: don't try and substitute baker's chocolate for the dark chocolate. The huge amount of sugar you'd have to add would be a pain, especially if using the powdered sugar, and if you use regular sugar, it gets grainy and crunchy. Also, to make things more interesting, spices such as cinnamon can be added, if so desired.
- Melt the chocolate by placing it in a small bowl or pot and placing that in boiling water.
- Mix the sugar and cocoa together in a small bowl and mix in the water.
- Stir the sugar/cocoa/water mix into the melted chocolate
- quickly stir in the cream and mix until it has a nice smooth consistency.
- Immediately 'frost' the cake with this, and make sure that there is quite a bit between the two layers of cake. The cake will need to be refrigerated to harden the fudge, so don't worry about its relatively liquid nature.
- Refrigerate Cake
- This cake is meant to be served warm - that is, after being refrigerated. So, slice a piece and microwave it for about 20 seconds. It is heavenly as the fudge melts and soaks into the cake. Serve with ice cream if you so desire. One final note: a higher quality of chocolate and baking cocoa will make a HUGE difference in this cake. It is very worth the extra expense.