Revani is a very tasteful dessert if it cooked in the right way. We have brought today the recipe that used a lot in south of Albania and is a traditional recipe for holidays. This is different from Revani Semolina Cake.
- 1 kg of starch
- 3 liters of water
- 500 gr of butter
- 100 ml of olive oil
- 1.5 kg of sugar
- 500 gr of almonds
- 2 tbs of honey
- We clean the almonds from their peel by putting them in hot water for about 5 minutes.
- We mix half of the sugar and the starch just as they are dry. After this we add on them one liter of the water. We put the other part of the water in a big cooking pot with a thick bottom and place it on fire to boil.
- We put the butter, the remaining sugar and oil in the cooking pot. After the water has boiled, we add the starch slowly. With other hand, we stir with a wooden spoon in order not to make any grains. We also add the almonds. We stir the mixture a lot and strongly. We have to stir when the starch is detachable from the spoon.
- We take a big pie-pan. We grease the pie-pan with butter and we pour the prepared mixture in it very quickly, which should detach itself from the cooking pot, opening it with a wooden spoon. We pour some honey on the top.
- We put the pie-pan in the hot oven and we bake it at maximal temperature for one hour. We take it out of the oven and after it cools, we cut it.
- We serve the cold revani in pieces.