This must be the easiest Chocolate Mousse. For this recipe you need just a couple of minutes to prepare and after some hours in refrigerator will be ready to serve. Decorate with chopped biscuits when you server it.
- 200 g chocolate chopped
- 3 eggs
- 250 ml cream
- 40 g sugar
- 30 ml hot water
- Melt the chocolate bagnomaria (double boiler, the second with hot water). Separate the white from the yellow of the eggs.
- Whisk the egg whites and cream separately until very firm. Put both in the refrigerator.
- Combine the egg yolks and hot water in a mixing bowl (maximum tap water temperature is enough, approx. 50°-60°C or 120°-140°F). Using a mixer, beat slowly while adding the sugar, then speed up the mixer until the mixture is thick and becomes a light yellow color.
- Stir the melted chocolate into the yolk mixture (the chocolate should have cooled enough that it does not hurt if you insert your finger). Mix immediately, otherwise this will cook the egg yolks, and you'll have chocolate scrambled eggs!
- With the whisk (from now on do not use the mixer) add the egg whites in three parts to the chocolate mixture, followed by the whipped cream.
- The finished mousse should be light brown and very fluffy. While it is still liquid, divide it into individual serving dishes. Allow to chill in the refrigerator for 4-6 hours before serving. The mousse will be quite firm when ready.