This caramel sauce is very good and you can use the cream on the cake of different cakes. Instead of melting caramel candies, this is an easy caramel sauce recipe.
- 400 gr granulated sugar
- 50 ml heavy cream
- 25 gr unsalted butter
- 5 gr salt
- vanilla stick
- For this recipe should do very careful not to burn, because the sugar reaches a high temperature melting. For this reason, we must keep a bowl of water and ice nearby. Also, make sure that all ingredients are on the working table with a wooden spoon.
- In a heavy-bottomed saucepan (not aluminum), we throw the granulated sugar and put on fire. Once the sugar begins to melt, carefully we stir with wooden spoon. Sugar should melt completely and get a deep amber color.
- After that, we have to remove from the fire and pour the heavy cream little by little stirring. We must be careful at this stage as the steam is very hot.
- Then removing the sugar from the heat and carefully whisk in the unsalted butter. Continue stirring we add salt and vanilla. Then put it somewhere to cool.
- Once the caramel completely cooled, throw it we throw on a glass to conserve. With caramel sauce we can prepared in this way Trilece , crepe with Caramel or Caramel French Macarons etc.