Tres leches means three milks in Spanish. It is a deliciously moist cake with a distinctive wet texture.
Triple Chocolate - Tres Leches Cake
- 1 pkg. 2-layer size devil's food cake mix
- 8 oz. Chocolate divided
- 1 can 14 oz. sweetened condensed milk
- 1 can 12 oz. evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 1 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup Whipped Topping
- Prepare the cake mix according to the directions on the box. Cool for 10 minutes and then pierce all over w/ a fork. (Just like you would a Poke Cake) Melt chocolate as directed on the package. Blend milks and sour cream in blender until smooth.
- Add melted chocolate; blend well. Pour over cake until mixture is absorbed. At this point, you can either leave it in the fridge until ready to eat or at least 1 hour. When ready to serve, mix the cocoa powder and Cool-Whip and spread over cake.
- Microwave unwrapped chocolate on HIGH for a few seconds or just until you can smudge the chocolate with your thumb. Hold the chocolate steadily and draw a vegetable peeler slowly across to form curls.