This cake is a simple cake with few ingredients, but with a very good taste. This dessert’s recipe comes from the web. We have to be careful to put the ingredients in the same order as in the recipe, so that the result will be a real Magic Cake.
Magic Cake with Chocolate
- 70 gr of flour
- 50 gr of cocoa powder
- 150 gr of sugar
- 130 gr of butter
- 500 ml of milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of cold water
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- a pinch of little salt
- In the beginning, we melt the butter and we let it to cool. Meanwhile we take the eggs (which must be of room temperature), and we separate the yolks from the egg whites. We put the egg yolks and the sugar in a bowl. We start to beat them strongly with an electric mixer for about 10 minutes, until we achieve a foam like mass. While continuing to beat, we add a spoon of cold water. We stir them thoroughly and we add a little salt and the melted butter, now already cool. We stir them for some minutes.
- Meanwhile we mix the flour with the cocoa powder and we sieve them. We add this mixture in the eggs prepared mass. We continue to stir thoroughly in order not to form flour grains.
- We warm the milk and we add slowly the prepared mixture. We stir until all the ingredients mixed thoroughly and we do not have any grains. We put the egg whites in a glass bowl and we start to beat them with an electric mixer. We add in it also a little lemon juice and continue to beat until we have a white foam.
- We mix the egg whites with the mixture prepared previously. We have to be very careful when we stir them. We have to stir from bottom to top, slowly. We will obtain a liquid mixture.
- We take a square bakeware with the dimensions of 20 x 20 cm and we lay baking paper on it. We put the prepared mixture in it. We put the bakeware in the hot oven at 150°C for about 80 minutes, until the cake’s surface gets a nice golden color.
- After is baked, we let it cool and after we put in the fridge. We leave it in the fridge for about 2 hours. We remove the cake carefully from the bakeware and we cut it in little squares or rhombuses.
- We put them in plates and we serve them.
We have prepared the chocolate version, but you can prepare it also with vanilla by removing the cocoa and adding flour instead of it.