There are many legends about the origin of the tiramisù, but what is important is the fact that this dessert is and will be one of the best of the Italian desserts.
Best Tiramisù Recipe
For 6 persons
- 400 g long Savioardi Ladyfingers
- 500 g Mascarpone type of cheese
- 6 eggs
- 130 g of sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder for the top part
- 1 cup of espresso coffee
- As a beginning, we prepare the coffee to souse the cookies and we let it cool for a while. Meanwhile in a big bowl we beat the egg whites until we have a real white colored foam. In another bowl, we beat the egg yolks with the sugar.
- We beat them strongly until it becomes a light yellow colored mixture. We add in the mixture also the mascarpone and we stir thoroughly. We add also the beaten egg whites, and we stir carefully. The tiramisu cream is ready.
- In a long bakeware we lay a layer with cookies which have been previously soused with coffee. We cover them with a layer of cream, and, using a strainer, we toss cocoa powder on it. We lay another layer of coffee soused cookies.
- We cover them again with a cream layer and we finish the tiramisu with a layer of cocoa powder. We put the dessert in the fridge for some hours before we serve it.