A very easy and quick dessert made with strawberries and chocolate and served in pastry bread.
Ingredients Chocolate Pastries with Strawberry
- 1/4 cup strawberry
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 Chocolate Pastries
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 100 g unsalted butter
- 1 cup cold water
- 150 g plain flour, sifted
- 200 g chocolate, melted
- 4 eggs
To make the choux pastry, preheat the oven to 220°C (430°F) and line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Combine butter and water in a large saucepan and bring to the boil over high heat. Add flour and beat vigorously with a wooden spoon until mixture leaves the sides of the pan. Remove from the heat and cool for 10 minutes.
1. Heat the broiler.
2. Combine strawberry preserves, vanilla and cinnamon in a small bowl.
3. Halve Chocolate Pastries through the side to create two thinner pieces. Spread any loose chocolate flat with a knife, and then brush the cut sides with melted butter.
4.Put pastries on a baking sheet and broil until nicely toasted and bubbly, 2 to 3 minutes. Brush with strawberry mixture and serve warm.