A very easy and quick dessert made with strawberries and chocolate and served in pastry bread.
Chocolate Pastries with Strawberry
- 1/4 cup strawberry
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 Chocolate Pastries
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 100 g unsalted butter
- 1 cup cold water
- 150 g plain flour sifted
- 200 g chocolate melted
- 4 eggs
- To make the choux pastry, preheat the oven to 220°C (430°F) and line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Combine butter and water in a large saucepan and bring to the boil over high heat. Add flour and beat vigorously with a wooden spoon until mixture leaves the sides of the pan. Remove from the heat and cool for 10 minutes.
- Heat the broiler.
- Combine strawberry preserves, vanilla and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Halve Chocolate Pastries through the side to create two thinner pieces. Spread any loose chocolate flat with a knife, and then brush the cut sides with melted butter.
- Put pastries on a baking sheet and broil until nicely toasted and bubbly, 2 to 3 minutes. Brush with strawberry mixture and serve warm.