Crepes, or as the French call them, crêpes, are thin dough sheets, baked on a hot piaster. They can be served with different sweet fillings (such as Nutella, honey or jam) or with salty fillings (cheese, bacon or vegetables). They used to be served on February 2nd and when it opened on the piaster, usually people expressed a wish. Leaving history behind and take a look at their recipe. The preparation basis for both types is almost the same. Here what is required to prepare some crepes.
Crepes with Nutella
- 500 ml of milk
- 250 gr of flour
- 50 gr of butter
- 3 eggs
- a pinch of salt
For the filling
- 1 small jar of chocolate spread Nutella
- powder sugar for decoration
- We take a big glass bowl and we put the flour and a little salt in it. We stir thoroughly and we add the milk slowly while always beating. We have to be careful in order not to form any grains from the flour. We can also use the electric mixer. We add the eggs beated previously with a fork.
- We melt the butter in bain-marie or in the microwave and we add it to the prepared mixture (we have to be careful so that the butter is not hot). We stir thoroughly all the ingredients until we obtain a liquid and homogeneous mass.
- Meanwhile, we heat the crepes frying pan (if you don’t have one you can use a normal frying pan, greasing it with a little butter all around, is enough if it’s one of those that do not stick).
- We put in the center of the frying pan a ladle of the prepared mixture. We open it thoroughly by bending the frying pan or if you have it, you can use the tool that opens the crepe, which is made of wood and has a T shape.
- We let the crepe bake for about one minute and after that, we turn it so it bakes on the other side as well. We put it on a plate and continue like this until we have finished all the prepared dough.
- After are baked, we take it and cover completely with chocolate spread (if it is a little solid put it for some moments in the microwave or in bain-marie to melt). We fold the crepe in half and after then we fold it again in half. We place the crepe in a plate and we decorate it by sprinkling powdered sugar on it.