Chocolate mousse cake recipe. An ingeniously easy method yields an airy mousse layer atop rich, moist cake for a luscious way to please a crowd.
Chocolate Mousse Cake Recipe
- 500 ml white flour
- 300 ml baking cocoa powder
- 100 ml sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup water
- 1 spoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 pinch of shredded coconut
Chocolate tofu filling
- 150 ml chocolate chips
- 150 ml tofu
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In bowl combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, salt and sugar.
- In another bowl combine water, oil and the 2 teaspoons of vanilla.
- Pour liquid into dry ingredients, whisk with fork.
- Add vinegar and stir. You'll see bubbles when the acidic vinegar reacts with the basic baking soda!
- Pour into baking dishes, bake for 25-30 minutes.
- While cake is baking melt the chocolate chips.
- For chocolate tofu filling add the tofu, 1/2 T vanilla extract and melted chocolate chips to blender. Blend until creamy.
- Pull cake out of oven, let cool. Cut the top of the cake off and set the top aside. Pour the chocolate tofu mousse on the bottom half of the cake. Replace the top half.
- Refrigerate until mousse thickens.