Pancakes are a type of flatbread prepared from a batter that is baked on a hot griddle or frying pan. They exist in several variations in many different local cuisines. Most pancakes are quick breads, although some are also made using a yeast-raised or fermented batter.
- 125 gr all-purpose flour
- 180 ml milk
- 30 gr butter
- 1 egg
- 25 gr sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 5 gr baking powder
- In large bowl, mix dry ingredients together until well-blended.
- Add milk and mix well until smooth.
- Separate eggs, placing the whites in a medium bowl and the yolks in the batter. Mix well.
- Beat whites until stiff and then fold into batter gently.
- Pour ladles of the mixture into a non-stick pan, one at a time.
- Cook until the edges are dry and bubbles appear on surface. Turn; cook until golden. Yields 12 to 14 pancakes.
Enjoy your Pancakes!