This simple recipe for pear tart with pasta brisee and for sure to become a staple in your baking repertoire.
Pear tart with brisee pate
- 45 gr all-purpose flour
- 128 gr blanched almonds
- 150 gr confectioners' sugar
- 100 gr unsalted butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pure almond extract
- 100 gr apricot jam
- 8 large canned pear halves
- 250 gr all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 100 gr chilled unsalted butter cut in pieces
- 50 to 80 ml water
Directions for Pate Brisee
- Place the flour, salt, and sugar in the bowl of a food processor, and process for a few seconds to combine. Add the butter, and process until the mixture resembles coarse meal, about 10 seconds. With the machine running, add the ice water in a slow, steady stream, through the feed tube, just until the dough holds together. Do not process for more than 30 seconds.
- Turn the dough out onto a work surface. Divide in two. Place each half on a sheet of plastic wrap. Flatten, and form two discs. Wrap, and refrigerate at least 1 hour before using.
Directions for Tart
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (375F) degrees. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to a 30 cm (12-inch) round. Fit dough into a 9-inch removable bottom tart pan lifting into and pressing up sides. Refrigerate while you prepare almond cream.
- In a food processor, pulse almonds and sugar until finely ground. Add butter, egg, flour, salt, and extract and process until well combined.
- Spread 1/4 cup jam over bottom of tart shell. Spread almond filling over; chill 15 minutes. Arrange pear slices on top, fanning them out. Place on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until crust is golden brown and almond cream is puffed and set. Transfer to a wire rack and cool in the pan. Remove from pan. Melt remaining jam and brush over tart. Cool before serving!