Pancakes are without doubt a party for the children and not only for them. This is the traditional Albanian recipe of pancakes, simple and in a quick to prepare.
Pancakes with yogurt
- 500 gr of flour
- 350 ml of yogurt diluted with water
- 1 egg
- a little salt
- 1 tablespoon of brandy raki
- 5 gr of beer yeast
- 1 cup of oil
- We melt the yeast in a glass of a little warm water. Then we pour the flour in a glass bowl and add some salt on it. We stir and we add the eggs. We add also the yogurt diluted with water slowly, while stirring carefully.
- Adding the brandy (grappa, raki) avoids to have oiled pancakes. We stir again. In the end, we add also the melted yeast. We stir all the ingredients thoroughly.
- The pancakes dough should be liquid than the dough of pizza.
- We put the dough in a dish covered with a napkin to rest, until its doubles the volume. After this, we put the oil in a big frying pan. We heat the oil up to 170-180°C.
- With a big spoon, we take some dough and we pour on the frying pan to fry. We turn them carefully less than one minute. We continue like this until we have finished the whole dough.
- We put the prepared pancakes in a plate. We add honey and cinnamon or sugar on them pursuant to everyone’s desire, but we can also accompany them with cheese if you like the salty version.
- We serve the pancakes warm.